Saturday, March 5, 2011

What I See ?

It took me some time
To remember this well
Knowing these stories
That I often must tell.

It was like I forgot
Of happiness and fun
The night she took pills
And said she was done.

Or the nights filled with tears
Against the pain I fought
Searching and searching
For the answers I sought.

Or those phone calls she cried
Saying he hurt her so
As my tears ran too
Only daybreak saw them slow.

But now what I see
Is how to have fun
Over all my sorrows
I feel I’ve won.

I know what it’s like
When you understand
How you promised me love
And took me by the hand.

And I remember what it means
When a promise is kept
And though it may hurt
This pain I accept.

‘Cause if it means I’m with you
I’ll make my troubles all end
‘Cause you brought me happiness
And you’re my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment