Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Sky isn't the Limit

The wall is high,
High, high up in the sky,
It’s so high it’s above the sky,
Yet we climb and climb.

We make it far, almost over,
But the obstacle is too much,
We fall back down,
And yet we climb and climb.

As we fall to the ground,
We don’t try to get up,
But we must,
So we climb and climb.

The sky seems so far,
Too far to reach,
Every foot is like eternity,
But we climb and climb.

Once again we’re close to the top,
This time you’re by my side,
You push me up,
And I climb and climb.

And then you fall,
I watch you tumble and I go back,
And I’m no longer climbing,
No more climb and climb, but a steep fall for me.

There you are at the bottom of the wall,
Waiting for me,
We no longer need to the wall,
We no longer climb and climb

I hope you'll be there,
Making sure I don't climb,
The wall may be too large,
But I no longer have to climb and climb.

The wall is not an obstacle,
But a realization of me,
I’m my worst enemy,
And the sky isn’t my limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment